The Engineering Division is comprised of the following sections:
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP) – Responsible for public facility projects, including pavement management and storm drain improvements.
- Development – Responsible for permitting and processing of private development projects, including residential and commercial properties.
- Traffic Engineering – Responsible for traffic projects, including traffic calming and signal coordination.
- City Projects Under Bid
- Contra Costa Boulevard (Harriet - Beth/Doray) Improvements
- Street Resurfacing Project - Phase I
Utility Projects Home Page
The Engineering Division also manages the following programs:
- Clean Water (NPDES) Program – Responsible for implementation of federal clean water requirements.
- Encroachment Permit Program – Responsible for permitting of construction in the public right-of-way.
- Floodplain Management Program – Responsible for implementation of the Floodplain Ordinance and minimizing flood damage throughout the City.
- Geographic Information System – Responsible for providing mapping and geographic data support for the City.
- Solid Waste and Recycling – Responsible for managing the City’s waste disposal contract and recycling efforts.
- Street Resurfacing Program – Responsible for managing the City’s Pavement Management System
Recently Completed Street Resurfacing Work / Street Pavement Moratorium List